Keeping your Invisalign aligners free from bacteria and practically invisible when worn, means knowing how to clean and care for your aligners properly. Here are some tips from our Vancouver dentists on how best to clean and care for your Invisalign aligners.
Invisalign Low-Profile Orthodontic Treatment
Invisalign's clear aligners can be ideal for people who are concerned about looking their best while correcting misalignment and bite issues.
Each custom Invisalign aligner is almost invisible to others when worn! That means, when you straighten your teeth with Invisalign hardly anyone will notice.
Invisalign Aligner Care
Here is how you should clean your aligners in order to keep them in the very best condition and as clear as they can be:
- To help keep your aligners clear it is important to remove them whenever you drink anything except cool water. Coloured beverages can stain aligners, and hot drinks may cause the aligners to warp.
- Keeping your treatment on schedule means wearing your Invisalign aligners for a minimum of 20-22 hours every day. But when you do need to remove your aligners be sure to store them in their handy case to help protect them from damage.
- Before returning your aligners to your mouth, always thoroughly brush and floss your teeth to prevent food from being trapped between your aligners and your teeth.
- Be sure to give your aligners a rinse in clean water, or give them a quick clean using mild soap and soft toothbrush before returning them to your mouth, in order to prevent plaque and bacteria from building up.
The Invisalign Cleaning System
The Invisalign® cleaning system can help you to keep your aligners odour-free, hygienic and clear. Ask your dentist about the Invisalign Cleaning System.
How to use the Invisalign cleaning system:
- Remove and rinse your aligners.
- Fill the cleaning container with warm water then place the aligners into the container.
- Sprinkle one packet of Invisalign cleaning crystals into the container and shake gently for 20 seconds.
- Soak your aligners for 15 minutes in the Invisalign solution.
- After soaking, gently shake to help remove any debris from your aligners.
- Remove your aligners from the solution, rinse well in warm water (not hot water) and return your aligners to your teeth.