The majority of our Vancouver patients find that local anesthetic is sufficient to prevent pain during dental procedures. However, for those patients who suffer from dental anxiety or heightened sensitivity, dental sedation can be beneficial.
Our Vancouver team of dentists strive to provide our patients with a relaxed and comfortable dental experience, whatever the reason for their visit.
Most of our patients find that when undergoing routine dental treatments and procedures, local anesthetic is sufficient to prevent pain. However, there are some patients who also require the additional help of dental sedation in order to help them feel calm and relaxed about their treatment.
Each of our patients is unique. That's why every one of our patient's sedation and general anesthesia needs are evaluated on a case by case basis.
Our dental professionals may recommend sedation for patients who fall into the following categories:
- Patients with low pain tolerance;
- Patients with high anxiety or fear;
- Patients who find that local anesthetic is not effective in pain control;
- Patients with allergies to local aesthetic;
- Patients who require long, complex, or particularly invasive dental procedures;
- Patients who have difficulties staying still during dental treatment;
- Patients who have difficulty holding their mouth open for sustained periods of time;
- Patients with special needs due to mental or physical disabilities;
- Patients with special healthcare requirements;
- Patients who are medically compromised;
- Patients suffering from dental phobias;
- Patients with exaggerated gag reflexes.
Our dentists are passionate about oral health and want you to receive the dental care you need in a relaxed and comfortable manner.